Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Life as a Pincushion

Well, AF decided to come this morning even though she certainly was not invited. So that means I start Follistim this week. I called the pharmacy yesterday to order it and the doctor's office hadn't even called it in. It makes me annoyed because my doctor asked me if I wanted to order it early just to be safe and I said yes. But the nursing and office staff never called it in. So...the doctor's office was closed yesterday when the pharmacy called them, so I have to wait until tomorrow to order it. So they're going to ship it same day delivery to my doctor's office. I need it for Tuesday because I have to go in for CD 3 baseline data. I'm supposed to have my medication with me so that they can show me how to use it. 

So it's official. I am going to become a human pincushion. I must admit that I am not ready for that. I was secretly hoping that this was it for me, that the last Clomid cycle did the trick. Nope, it wasn't to be. So now we move on to injectables + trigger. I have no idea what side effects to expect, what mood changes to expect...DH just got used to the Clomid and how he has to get used to a different drug. Who knows how the levels of hormones will affect me. I'll keep you all posted as I take on the job of being a human pincushion.

2 comments:

  1. The big fat trigger shots are the ones that gave me the most fits. I gave DH that task. My favorite part are the random bruises that pop up without warning. Keep a-poking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done the Ovidrel trigger for 4 months now. Two of those months, the nurse at the Dr. V's office did it. But the other two months, I had to trigger at home. It wasn't too bad, and from what Dr. V told me, the Follistim pen is about the same size needle as the Ovidrel. It's all going to be worth it some day!

    ReplyDelete