Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Friday, October 16, 2009

Needles Will Be My Friends

I had yet another consultation with the RE this morning. It wasn't the RE I usually see, but I can't be picky and choosy right now. this month of a resting cycle is making me nuts. I hate the birth control pills. They make me feel yucky. And yet, I realize that compared to what is looming ahead, I should be enjoying this. 

So what is this black cloud looming ahead?? I'm going to be sticking myself with not one needle a night, but two for the first few days. And then, not one, not two, but three needles for a few days. And then, not one, not two, not three, but four in all for the cycle! Yes, folks, my thighs will officially be pincushions big time. I already have the Follistim, which I'll be doing every night after baselines. But add to that Menopur, which I'll also be doing every night after baselines. Then, once my eggs are developing, I'll have to do Ganirelix every night until my eggs are ready. Then, I'll do the usual Ovidrel trigger. Wow! That's a lot to work with. Lucky for me, Follistim is a pen-type needle where you dial a dose. Ganirelix and Ovidrel are pre-filled syringes. The only one I'm worried about is Menopur, which I have to mix myself. 


I look at it this way. If this is what will get me to the family I so desperately want to start, I'll take it. We're all faced with challenges and trials in life, but nothing is beyond what we can handle. I know that I am in God's care and that He is overseeing every decision the doctors will ever make for me. I put my trust in Him and the plans He has made for me. So as nervous as I am about all these shots that I now have to do, I know I am loved, I am cared for, and He walks beside me through it all.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of pokes! You can do it though!!! You will be a pro at the end of this cycle...and hopefully you will never have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that one cycle with all those needles is all it takes. That certainly is a lot of pokes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing lots of good luck and easy injections for you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nervous about it all, but I have one more week to relax and try to make the best of a forced rest cycle.

    ReplyDelete