Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 15 Day 1 Update/Quiz

Hi, all!! Valentine's Day is approaching and I thought I would update you all on how my Love Bug is doing these days. But first, I wanted to thank Journey Girl for another Beautiful Blogger Award. I awarded this to some of you a few posts ago, but I wanted to thank her for it. :-)
 

Now, for the update quiz...
 
How far along: 15 weeks 1 day

Symptoms: Nausea (usually only at night or when I have to blow my nose...tissues have a smell and I just can't stand it), my energy has returned for the next few months, bloated still, a bit gassy at times, a growing belly. I'll post a picture in another post.


Total weight gain: 7lbs at last weigh in at the doctor, I guess that's not too bad. Of course, they weighed me before they let me use the bathroom and I had just finished another 22 ounce bottle of water...

Maternity clothes: Mostly tops. I do have three pairs of pants. I wear most of my old pants still, though, with a hair tie around the button and  with the Be.Band. It's not the most comfortable, but it works to keep me from buying more maternity pants yet. I did get my first pair of maternity pantyhose today. I'm excited about that! I love to wear dresses.


Stretch marks: Only on my chest, as it has they have definitely grown already. But none on the tummy yet. I'm using tons of Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

Sleep: I sleep like a baby most of the time, until I have to pee. I find myself doing that once or twice in the middle of the night. It's sort of gotten better in the past week. They say it does during the second trimester. I'm hoping it stays that way for at least a month or two. But lately, I've also had to sleep with a pillow next to me to "snuggle" with. Otherwise, I end up sleeping on my back and I've NEVER been a back sleeper. So today, I got a body pillow.
 
Best moment last week: Having my checkup with Dr. H on the 5th and hearing Little Bean's heartbeat. It was 162bpm.

Movement: The fluttering has started. It's the strangest thing...I describe it as bubbles mixed with the feeling that I swallowed a butterfly and its wings are tickling me from the inside.

Food cravings: Oddly, none really. My sweet tooth has returned. But when I do want somethng, I want something sour and sweet. But otherwise, I've got no specific cravings these days. I'm sure that will change soon.

Belly Button in or out: In, of course!

What I miss: Lunch meat, hot dogs, sausage and peppers...

What I am looking forward to: My next appointment with Dr. H on March 5th, when we schedule the gender scan!!
 
Milestones: Telling my students at school that I am having a baby, that I'm not just getting "fat."
 
How is daddy? He is wonderful. We've had so much snow this winter. He won't let me go out and shovel. He's so good to me. And when we do venture out with the snow on the ground, he walks arm in arm with me to make sure my precious cargo is safe.

How are the grandparents? They are excited as can be.

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like you're doing really well! Hope the 2nd trimester is smooth for you.

    Q for you: did you choose to do the NT scan? Just asking as I didn't see a post on it and was wondering. Mine is coming up and I'm having mixed feelings...

    ps: hope this is the last of the snow!! I'm ready for Spring already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This questionaire is really cool...I might have to use it too!! :)

    Hope your nausea goes away soon! That sounds icky!! Other than that, I'm so glad to hear that all is going well!!

    Look forward to seeing some belly pics!! (That reminds me...I should post some too!)

    Happy Valentines Day!! :)

    ReplyDelete