Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Saturday, December 26, 2009

8 Week 3 Day Quiz/Update

Welcome, all who are visiting from ICLW! I haven't posted since Wednesday (Graduation Day). But I saw this quiz on another blog and I thought it was a pretty neat idea. It's a nice way to occasionally update you all on my pregnancy and how things are going. Enjoy!


How far along: 8 weeks 3 days

Symptoms: Nausea occasionally, absolutely and utterly exhausted, bloated, a bit gassy at times, still sore and tender bbs


Total weight gain: 2lbs at last weigh in at the doctor, and the nurse said she thinks most of it is from my bbs

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but my absolutely wonderful Mom bought me two Mother.hood shirts and a gift card to buy more clothes...my jeans are a little snug, though.

Stretch marks: On my bbs, as they have definitely grown already

Sleep: I sleep like a baby.  I don't usually wake up until the alarm goes off or I have to pee. I find myself doing that two or three times in the middle of the night. I'm not liking that very much.
 

Best moment last week: Graduation Day, when I was released from Dr. V and can now see Dr. H.
 

Movement: Too early for a kidney bean baby to move around.

Food cravings: Taco.Bell (mainly the taco salad), cheesesteak, hamburgers, salty things. Sweet things are generally too sweet anymore...wonder if my sweet tooth will come back!

Belly Button in or out: In, of course!


What I miss: Soy sauce. I haven't had any. I will this week, but not much. There are estrogen compounds in soy, so it's not recommended for women in the first trimester. Boo!

What I am looking forward to: I am looking forward to my first appointment with Dr. H  on January 7th. It feels so good to have graduated. His one direction to me in June when we referred me to Dr. V was to come back pregnant before my annual was due. Yay, I followed directions!

Milestones: Hearing the heartbeat at 7 weeks and then again at 8 weeks. 


How is daddy? He is wonderful. He was so excited that we spilled the beans at 5 weeks in because he wanted to share the news. He's got bronchitis right now, but he won't kiss me because of it and he's so doting and loving. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband/father of our child-to-be.


How are the grandparents? They are excited as can be. Hubby's mom has prayed for this child since the day we got married. My parents are also extremely excited. They all love children and are so good with them. My mom is so cute about it. I said she got two shirts from Mother.hood. Well, she got two long sleeved t-shirts because they didn't look too maternity. She's so cute.  

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you are doing great! I can't wait to be able to confirm my own BFP with a blood test and share the news with family. It's as much of a joy for them as it is for us I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're doing pretty good!

    ICLW & SC hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your pregnancy quiz was fun, I'm glad it's all going so well for you!
    Tio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like all is going well! Congrats on the recent BFP!

    ReplyDelete