Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pregnant and Sick=A Yucky Pair

So for the past week, I have had a head cold. Nothing is worse than being sick, right? Try being sick and being pregnant. There is nothing you can take to really help. All decongestants are off limits. Any headache relief that would really help is off limits. It's all Ty.lenol, Bena.dryl, and saline nasal spray. (I know about the recall, but I am not home to check the lot numbers), My Klee.nex tissues with the lotion in them have been my best buddies for a week. My nose is all raw and chapped. It's really not ideal. But I think it's finally clearing out of my system.

It's really done a number on me, too. My energy has been almost completely depleted. I'm getting it back slowly, which is nice. I'm more peppy today than I have been all week. I'm hoping that continues. I was observed by my principal at school this week and she decided she would rather come in on a day when I'm not under the weather. So we're aiming for this Wednesday. Come on, energy, I need you back!

I'm trying to relax all weekend, since I have a three day weekend. Maybe then, I can officially kick this cold out of my system. I'll post my quiz/update for Week 11 sometime this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. UGH!!! I am sorry that you are sick!! Hope that you feel better soon. BTW, if you have not tried it yet, you may want to get a Nettie Pot and try that. Most drug stores carry them. It is a saline solution that you wash your nasal passages with and it works much better than a saline spray. I had a migraine from sinus pressure and I used it and it went right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from ICLW...congratulations on your pregnancy! Hope that you're feeling better and that the sinus trouble is gone for good.

    All the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete