Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Saturday, January 9, 2010

10 Week 3 Day Quiz/Update

It's been a little while since I blogged. So I wanted to catch you all up. Things are going well. I had my first appointment with my obstetrician. He was very pleased to see me as a pregnant patient instead of one with PCOS issues galore. Little Bean is doing well. Heartbeat was 160bpm. Dr. H is quite pleased with that. I saw tiny hands and feet. That was just amazing. There are no words for it. I didn't cry, though. I was just overjoyed. I go back for another appointment in a month. But I don't get another ultrasound until 20 weeks when I can find out whether I'm having a boy or a girl. Exciting!

 


How far along: 10 weeks 3 days


Symptoms: Nausea (starting to be more frequent in the past week), absolutely and utterly exhausted, bloated, a bit gassy at times, still sore and tender bbs


Total weight gain: 4lbs at last weigh in at the doctor, the nurse thinks it's mostly from the bloating (thanks, progesterone!)

Maternity clothes: Mostly tops. I did buy one pair of pants. I am learning to make friends with the Be.Band. It's not the most comfortable, but it works to keep me from buying maternity pants yet. A few more weeks, though, and I'll need maternity pants.

Stretch marks: On my bbs, as they have definitely grown already. But none on the tummy yet. I'm using tons of Palmer's Cocoa Butter.

Sleep: I sleep like a baby most of the time.  I don't usually wake up until the alarm goes off or I have to pee. I find myself doing that two or three times in the middle of the night. I'm not liking that very much. But in the past few weeks, I have had a few nights of bad sleep.
 

Best moment last week: My first appointment as a pregnant woman at the OBGYN office. It's been a long time coming and it just felt really good.
 

Movement: It's too early. The most I get is gas flutters. No baby movements yet, though.

Food cravings: Taco.Bell (mainly the taco salad), cheesesteak, hamburgers, salty things. and lately, Italian foods with red sauce. Yum!

Belly Button in or out: In, of course!


What I miss: Soy sauce. I haven't had any. I will this week, but not much. There are estrogen compounds in soy, so it's not recommended for women in the first trimester. Boo!

What I am looking forward to: My next appointment with Dr. H in a month.

Milestones: Seeing hands and feet for the first time on an ultrasound.


How is daddy? He is wonderful. He's dealing with the pregnancy hormones. He's also dealing with the weird fact that people (including myself) blowing their noses makes me nauseous. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband/father of our child-to-be.


How are the grandparents? They are excited as can be.

1 comment: