Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Adventures in the Homestretch

IIt's so hard to believe that I am in the homestretch here. Only 4 more weeks to go at the most...if I make it to that. This last month has been quite the adventure with all the Maternal Fetal Medicine appointments, pre-eclampsia testing, fetal monitoring, and talk of early inductions. Whew...what a journey! I was really afraid Isabella was going to arrive a week and a half ago, when they first started talking about inducing me. Thankfully, I passed all the pre-eclampsia testing and there was no reason for her to come out. Since that time, things have settled down a little bit. Thankfully, as interesting as the journey has been, the stress of it has decreased.

I had one of my bi-weekly non-stress tests on Tuesday. Isabella was doing fine. They also did a growth scan. Thankfully, she has grown at a steady rate and is no longer in the bottom 5th percentile. She's still small, measuring in at 5lbs 1oz. This puts her around the 10th percentile. Maternal Fetal Medicine is happy with her measurements now, since she has shown quite adequate growth. The newest issue (see, there's always some adventure) is that she's not breech but she's not head down. She's "transverse." So she's resting her head at my right hip while kicking me by my left rib cage. Not comfortable and not safe for her. My amniotic fluid level is quite elevated at 26, which isn't reason to induce me, but it is reason for concern if I start having contractions. I haven't had any contractions of any kind that I know of, not even Braxton Hicks. My cervix today was still hard, high, and at most, a fingertip dilated. So hopefully, MFM won't be too worried. They talked about hospitalizing me if my cervix started to soften, thin out, and dilate. The concern is that with the baby's position and the amount of fluid I have, if my water breaks on it's own, the umbilical cord could threaten Isabella's safety. That's the latest of the adventures. 

The nursery is all ready for baby to arrive. I'll post some pictures of it. Hubby did a great job getting everything together. Since I'm really not allowed to do anything, he had to do the majority of the work. I helped by sitting on the glider telling him where to put things. But he really enjoyed getting Isabella's room together. I'm so excited about it!

I was sort of challenged to take a picture of myself in a bathing suit with my bare belly exposed. So I did. I'll be bold and post them on here, stretch marks and all. I'll also post my latest bump picture (from Sunday). Enjoy!!

The Nursery

My bare (and quite round) belly
The latest bump shots from Sunday (July 4th)
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well! Her room is so sweet...I love the thought of directing from a chair! :) Props to you for showing the bare belly, yours is nice and round and cute...mine...notsomuch!

    ReplyDelete