Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Been a While!

My life as a busy mom and a teacher has caught up with me when it comes to blogging. I have not disappeared, just been too busy to get on here to play catch up. It's been an interesting school year so far, and that keeps me very busy with my head in my teacher's manuals. And, life with Isabella is ever exciting! She's into everything and is very hands-on and it leaves no time for blogging.

So, since she is peacefully napping next to me and I have the day off from work (NJ Teacher's Convention), I thought I would catch up. Isabella had her 15-month check-up today. 15 months! I can hardly believe that she is that old already. Time just goes by too quickly. The pediatrician we saw today is far from my favorite, but I realized that she's really not all that evil and actually has a sense of humor, I just still don't prefer her. But, onto the good stuff. My little munchkin is still a petite diva. She's 19lbs 13.5 ounces, which puts her a little over the 7th percentile. Length is another story...she's 28 3/4 inches long. That puts her in the 3rd percentile. Yes, my baby is little. She's always been little and she continues to grow within the same curve on the percentile chart. She's my sassy little lady and although she's a munchkin in every sense of the word, she's my cutie and I love her!!

What else is new? Isabella is full out walking and running. She thinks it's funny for you to chase her. She'll wait for you to come around the hallway and then she'll turn and walk away from you slowly until she realizes you are chasing her. Then, she will giggle and run. It's adorable! She teases the dog. She knows the difference between a dog and a cat, since we have a Shihtzu and my parents have a pit bull and two cats. Most days, she'll just call Angel "Og." Get it? Og=Dog. But, when she wants to tease the dog, she'll walk up to her, try to cuddle with her, pet her, then call her "Key Cat" (Kitty Cat). It's pretty funny, and she knows it is since she laughs as soon as she says it. She humors herself! She's got a vocabulary bursting at the seams already. She knows a lot of words and is starting to speak in phrases. It's great. She gets less frustrated when she wants something because as long as she isn't beyond the point of frustration already, she can tell us what she wants or at least walk to it and wait for us to get it. She amazes me with what she is able to do these days. Now if only she could put herself to sleep...

Everyday brings new adventures. Some of these adventures are fun, like watching my baby play in Chickfila with the bigger kids and flirt with little boys. Yes, my "sweet" Isabella is a sassy one who loves her boys. She will flirt with the cutest of the cute! Some of these adventures are not fun, like our car ride home from my mom's house the other day. With these molars coming in, My Sweet One has been sticking her fingers in her mouth and then she jams them down her throat, I guess to see how far back her fingers can go. Well, she did this in the car and caused herself to throw up all over herself  and her carseat. Needless to say, I couldn't get home fast enough, strip her down, and get her in the tub/ Febreeze is a lifesaver, as my car now smells normal again. Adventures like that are not my idea of fun, but it's all part of Motherhood and I wouldn't EVER trade it for ANYTHING!

The thought occurred to me earlier today that two years ago, on this day, I went to my RE's office for my IUI. The IUI that would give me my sweet Isabella. Yes, two years ago, I truly embarked on my adventures in motherhood. Two years ago, I laid in the exam room, with my knees in the air for the 10 minutes they want you to "baste" before you can start "baking." I was doubtful. I wanted to believe that this would be it, this would be the time I conceived my long-awaited child. But part of my doubted it would be possible. I started my two weeks of agonizing waiting. Waiting for a negative test. Waiting to start the next cycle. Waiting for disappointment to greet me once again. But that disappointment never came. November will forever be a special month for me. I conceived my beautiful, precious Isabella in November 2009, had my IUI November 11, 2009, and my life has never been the same. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment