1. Isabella is already six months old! WHAT?! Where does time go? Seriously, my baby girl is growing so quickly and I'm just so in awe of her. She's beautiful, sweet, and generally so happy. I'm so blessed and just can't believe she has been with me for a half a year now.
2. She's teething...big time. There aren't any teeth ready to pop through yet, but she's really been bothered by her gums lately. She's in her six month growth spurt. So with that and the teething, her sleep patterns have changed. I feel like we are back in the first two months again when we are up all hours of the night with a crying baby. She has a wet diaper. She's hungry. She wants her pacifier. It's all the joys of parenthood. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But it sure is taking a toll on me. I've had a migraine off and on for the past three days.
3. Isabella's been sleeping in her big girl crib now for four nights. Tonight will be the 5th night. It's a little scary for me to not have her in the room with me in her bassinet. And maybe that's what is causing some of her sleep issues, but we'll see how things go in the weeks to come. She'll get used to it.
4. I'm still have blood pressure issues. It was an issue before I got pregnant with Isabella. But throughout most of the pregnancy, it wasn't a big deal. It didn't get bad until the third trimester. So now, my family doctor wants me to have all these tests done to see what the cause is and to see if it is affecting any major organs. So I saw the cardiologist yesterday. I had a stress echo cardiogram done and I passed with flying colors. So it's not my heart. I am getting blood work done next Friday. I guess we'll see what happens with that. I am due for my annual exam with my OB and I'm sure he'll ask me if I've done anything about my blood pressure issues. At least I can answer him with a "yes" even though they haven't figured it out yet.
5. The biggest news of all-Hubby and I are going to be homeowners! I'm so excited. We have been searching for a home since right after Christmas. In fact, we had an offer on three other homes and nothing came of those offers that was worth doing anything about. So we are so excited about this townhouse two-story townhouse with a full finished basement. It's the perfect space to raise a family. So now, we can think about conceiving #2 in the fall as long as my blood pressure issues are better under control.
I'll leave you with some recent pictures of Isabella, some from her six-month pictures and some from this past weekend. Enjoy!